Pedodontics is a branch of dentistry that deals with the health of children’s teeth. The pedodontist is widely concerned with prevention and he/she teaches and explains to the parents how to maintain a normal oral hygiene and a correct nutrition for their children.
Prolonged treatment may be essential to correct incipient irregularities in tooth position and, in this case, our dentists in Dubaican offer proper braces or other correctional devices for every child’s problem. The dentist in Dubai can provide lots of tolerance and elementary information about children’s behavioral patterns, as well as info about the effects on the mouth of physical and cerebral illnesses.
You can also receive dental implants in Dubai. It is good to kow that our dental clinics in Dubai are properly equipped with high-class technology.
Pedodontics for children aged 0 – 12 years
How do children react in this sensitive period of time and what do parents have to know in order to calm them and make them happy? Here are a few tips that every mother and father should find out:
– Late eruptions. The appearance of the first teeth usually starts at six months old, yet certain aspects may cause delays. If no teeth have break out at the age of one, the baby should be taken to a dentist for examination and, in these special cases, our dentists in Dubai can offer proper guidance for parents.
– Mood changes. Tooth eruption may have certain effects on the baby, such as convulsions, diarrhea or bronchitis. In order to be able to tie glitches in a child’s general condition to eruption, all other details need to be evaluated.
– Completed eruption. The eruption of baby teeth will be finished between the ages of 24 – 30 months. Completely erupted milk teeth contain 20 teeth in total, 10 on the upper jaw and the rest on the lower jaw.
– Brushing baby teeth. As quickly as the first teeth appear in the baby´s mouth, they should start to be washed by using a clean cloth wiping them after breakfast and before going to sleep.
– Permanent teeth eruption. At the age of 6, a child’s permanent teeth start erupting from behind the milk teeth. At the ages between 7 to 11, the milk teeth start to tremble and the permanent teeth appear from the bottom, replacing them. At the age of 12, the second set of long-lasting grinders take place and this do not replace the milk teeth.
The first visit at the dentist, a priority to all parents
The dentists in Dubai remind to the parents that the perfect time for the first visit at the doctor, with the baby, should be after six months since the first teeth arise. Difficulties with a child’s teeth may appear at a very early age, therefore our dentists in Dubai can offer, from the first visit, information about the child’s feeding, tooth care and sucking behaviours.
Excellent oral health is very important for a child’s growth and the dentists in Dubai are here to help you every step of the way and of course guide the parents. Please don’t hesitate to contact our team of dentists in Dubai for any other information regarding children’s oral healthcare.